Select Vestry Statement
This Statement has been agreed by the Select Vestry:-
The Parish is committed to the welfare, nurturing and safekeeping of children.
This Parish is therefore committed to supporting and resourcing those who work with children.
No one will be expected to work with children unsupported.
The Parish will use ‘Safeguarding Trust-The Church of Ireland Code of Good Practice’
to develop safe, wise and quality work with children.
The Parish will ensure that those who work with children, and those in whom children place their trust,
know how to handle a situation where a young child or young person is considered to be at risk through
abuse or neglect.
Children are part of the church today, have much to give as well as receive, and will be listened to.
In worship, learning, teaching and evangelism, we will respect the wishes and feelings of children.
The Parish is committed to providing a safe, warm and friendly environment for all.
The Incumbent, Select Vestry and parish leaders are committed to uphold good practice in the parish ‘s
ministry with children and young people.
Should you have a concern or suspicion regarding child welfare in the parish please contact a member of your
Contact Telephone Numbers are also to be found on the parish notice boards in both Churches,
in the Parish Hall and in the Church Rooms.
- Rev A. Ker
- Mrs S. Aitcheson - 028 94433674
- Mr M. Cooke - 028 94433183
- Mr A. Walbridge - 028 94432795
Summary of referral procedure (N.I.)
- Allegation/suspicion/concern noted.
- Report immediately to a Parish Panel Member concerned with child protection.
- Rev A. Ker
- Mrs S. Aitcheson, 3 Lylehill Green, Templepatrick.
028 9443 3674
- Mr M. Cooke, 44 Rathmore Road, Dunadry.
- Mr A. Walbridge, 4 Broadacres, Templepatrick.
- The Panel member consults with the Incumbent if possible and, either the Incumbent or the
Panel member reports to the local Gateway Team.
- Gateway Service Tel: 0300 1234 333
- Antrim Sector Tel: 028 9334 0165
- The Incumbent/Panel Member will then follow the advice given by agency above.
Remember the important safeguard, that the task of deciding whether or not abuse
has occurred rests with the professional agencies. The existence of the method of referral
adopted by the Church of Ireland does not preclude the individual worker making direct contact with the agency above if he/she so chooses.